Can students or interns become a PDL member?
Yes and it's FREE!
It is possible for pharmacy pre-registrants or students to need advice and support. PDL encourage all students and interns to become a member to access the exclusive services and benefits offered by PDL and to secure professional indemnity insurance under the PDL Master Policy. Developed by experts in pharmacy and insurance, the policy is designed especially for pharmacy students and interns giving them 24/7 cover as a member of PDL.
- FREE membership for students and interns
- One-to-one advice, guidance and peer support in relation to incidents. This unique and professional service is offered exclusively to PDL members, nationally.
- Risk minimisation strategies to inhibit the likelihood of an incident becoming a claim
- Online reporting and account management facility featuring access to pharmacy resources
- Bonus subscription to the Australian Journal of Pharmacy (AJP) online magazine
- Full liability cover including: professional indemnity; public liability and; products liability
- 24/7 Australia wide claims support and access to regular risk management and minimisation strategies and communications
- Covers everything in the scope of practise of pharmacy as regulated by the Pharmacy Board of Australia (PBA)
- PDL educational speakers for pharmacy schools
What is the total amount of cover provided? Your PDL master policy provides (unless otherwise specified):
- Professional Indemnity $20,000,000 any one Claim per Insured ($60,000,000 in the aggregate any one Period of Cover per Insured)
- Public Liability $10,000,000 any on Claim per Insured ($30,000,000 in the aggregate)
- Products Liability $10,000,000 any one Claim per Insured ($10,000,000 in the aggregate)
About the application process:
To obtain free student and intern membership, you will be asked to complete a short online form and respond to a few questions for insurance purposes. The form takes only a few minutes to complete. Click below to get started and join today, it's free and it's easy!Apply Now
Pharmacy Students & Interns! Important notice from PDL:
PDL membership cards look like this. If you have a card that looks different please dispose of it. Please ensure you have current and valid membership by applying at www.pdl.org.au.