NAPSA offers a variety of education courses to our members outside the scope of their mainstream pharmacy degrees, so that they may become more well-rounded and employable upon graduation.
We currently offer three different courses; Danone Nutricia, Australia Wide First Aid and Smith and Nephew Woundcare. All of these courses are outlined in detail below. Adjunct to these in-person courses NAPSA offers a variety of online modules, all available by logging into MyNAPSA.
Smith & Nephew Woundcare
For more than 150 years, Smith & Nephew have been endorsing superior clinical outcomes, and liaising with healthcare professionals to provide products and services that improve patient wound healing. Smith & Nephews? research and technology are assisting in providing new, groundbreaking, cost effective yet clinically reliable solutions for healthcare professionals and their patients. Woundcare is a major aspect of community pharmacy, and extensive knowledge of products and recommended treatment is vital to ensure you are providing your customers with the optimum treatment for their wounds. NAPSA offers a three hour Smith & Nephew WoundWise course, which has a focus on acute wound healing and the products used within the community pharmacy. It addresses the skin physiology, the benefits of moist wound healing, infection, assessment, referral points and scar management.
The Danone Nutricia education course provides:
- A guide to selecting infant nutrition formula
- A guide to infant bottle preparation
- Recognise the importance and benefits of breast milk
- Increase knowledge about infant formulas and toddler supplements available in community pharmacy
- Become aware of the key nutritional components in various formulas
- dentify common feeding issues and how it shall influence your recommendation
- Danone Early Life Nutrition Introduction
- Recommending the right formula for formula fed babies presentation Part 1
- Bottle Preparation Practical Example
- Recommending the right formula for formula fed babies presentation Part 2
- Q & A
Australia Wide First Aid
Australia Wide First Aid is a Registered Training Organisation so you can be assured your first aid training is nationally recognised. Your statement of attainment will certify that you have been trained in HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, which encompasses the contents of HLTAID001 Provide CPR and HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support.
Your Provide First Aid certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for you to keep your certification current.
For registration for our education courses, please contact your local branch.
Branches can book courses here.