History of QPSA
The Queensland Pharmacy Students’ Association (QPSA) is a non-for-profit student association, run by and for University of Queensland pharmacy students, formed in 1948. QPSA is based within the newly built PACE building (Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence) adjacent to the Princess Alexandra Hospital at Woolloongabba.
QPSA endeavours to provide UQ pharmacy students with multiple opportunities to gain extra knowledge and skills outside of their degree. We enable our members to broaden their industry and career insights by providing networking and educational opportunities. A key objective of the QPSA is to promote the profession of pharmacy.
Our EventsWe provide many events to our members including sporting, educational and social events. Some of our key events include:
- Annual Industry Awareness Day
- Annual QPSA Pharmacy Ball
- 4th Year Graduation Dinner
- QPSA Sports Day
- NAPSA's Pharmacy Awareness Month events including 'Vampire Cup' (NAPSA's blood donation challenge), BBQ's and community health promotion (e.g. Know Your Numbers Campaign)
- NAPSA's Charity Cup events including Trivia Night and BBQ's
- Education Events including the Guild's S2/3 Refresher Course, Motivational Interviewing, Job Ready, Karicare, Smith and Nephew, and more
Benefits of QPSA Membership:
- Opportunity to attend education events including:
- Karicare (now featuring an additional component on infant nutrition)
- The Guild's S2/3 training
- The Guild's Job Ready training
- Smith and Nephew woundcare education event
- Discounted tickets for social events including:
- QPSA Annual Pharmacy Ball
- Fourth year graduation dinner
- Discounted placement shirts
- Automatic membership to the National Australian Pharmacy Students? Association (NAPSA) and the International Pharmacy Students? Federation (IPSF)
- Discounted textbooks
- AMH 2015
- Therapeutic guidelines
- Opportunity to hold a position on the QPSA Committee or be involved in the QPSA Help Team: "QPSA Aces"
- Subscription to ePlacebo: regular industry relevant information emailed to you from NAPSA
- And more!
QPSA Membership in 2016 costs: $16 per year or $55 for a 4-year membership
Membership is not valid until payment has been received. Each student will receive an email notification once their payment has been processed.
Aside from Market Day, all memberships are required to be paid in full and online via the QPSA website under "Memberships."